Para completar la información sobre las terapias con Plasma Rico en plaquetas, aquí tienes algunos artículos de gran interes que hemos seleccionado para ti.
- Taylor D. A Systematic Review of the Use of Platelet-Rich Plasma in Sports Medicine as a New Treatment. Clin J Sport Med _ Volume 21, Number 4, July 2011
- Anitua E, Sánchez M et al. Shedding light in the controversial terminology for Platelet-rich plasmas. J. Biomed Mat Res A 2008.
- IOC consensus paper on the use of platelet-rich plasma in sports medicine. Br J Sports Med 2010;44: 1072″“1081
- Autologus Platelet-Rich Plasma: A revolution in shoft tissue Sports Injury management. The pyshician and sportmedicine , Number 4, Vol 38. Dec 2010
- Paolini J et al. Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment for Ligament and Tendons Injuries. Clin J Sport Med Volume 21, Number 1, January 2011
- Anitua E. The importance of understanding what is platelet-rich growth factor (PRGF) and what is not. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery ,March 2011
Platelet Rich Plasma Significantly Improves Outcomes for Tennis Elbow in a 230 Patient Study
The American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM) has just published the largest study evaluatingplatelet-rich plasma. The 230 patient study was conducted over the course of more than five years and represents the work of dozens of clinicians and researchers. Overall, it is clear from the data that the use of PRP to treat chronic tennis elbow results in significant reductions in pain and elbow tenderness compared to an active control of needling of the elbow without PRP. It is also safe and cost effective compared to cortisone and surgery. This type of study is time consuming and expensive but will help guide patient and physicians decisions about how to best treat chronic tennis elbow.